Friday, October 5, 2007

Week 7 - # 16, #17

Well, I am always arguing with my sons about the credibility of wikis in the educational realm. I say it is a great source that can get one started, but should never be quoted as the authoritative source for any reports. But mom, they are constantly being checked by knowledgable people. Yes, but they also may be corrupted by tricksters or just stupid people. I do use it at home and at work to jump start me on a search. I have never had to do a group project, but now I will have a better understanding if Jennifer or Jamie invite us to be a part of one as librarians. My opinions may have a better chance of being heard and then discussed. In a positive manner, of course. I have chosen Favorite Children's Authors for my beginning topic for Sandbox. Hard choices ahead.

No comments: